We aim to inspire and motivate every child with our diverse curriculum.
For this reason the timetable is tailored to suit each child’s age and ability.
The majority of students on the course will have been taught using the Suzuki Method™ and this is reflected in the repertoire and teaching style. Advanced cellists (grade 7 and above) who have studied with a traditional teacher are encouraged to apply and are well catered for with masterclasses and ensembles.
For information about our programme for siblings click here.
Cello, Violin and Bass Timetables will include the following:
- 2 or 3 group lessons (depending on age/ability) every day working on repertoire and technique with our inspirational faculty.
- 2 enrichment classes every day - explore new and fun musical styles: singing, dancing, percussion, improvisation and technology.
- Playtogether - celebrate the days work and enjoy playing with over 100 celli!
- Showcase rehearsals (including dance, percussion and orchestra depending on age/ability)
- Solo recitals - every child is offered a solo recital
- Leisure time - swimming, outdoor games, craft
More advanced Cellists will also have the following extras as an option (not every day and subject to availability):
Arrival and registration is from 2pm on 9th August. The course finishes at 3pm on 14th August 2020.